Probate And Estate Lawyer In Woburn, MA
Probate is the process through which a deceased person’s assets are legally transferred to the heirs. Probate is also the process through which a Will is enforced by the court. This can be a confusing time for anyone dealing with the death of a loved one. When a person is still grieving, it is often difficult to deal with your loved one’s final affairs. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that you obtain skilled legal counsel to help you through this difficult time.
Massachusetts Probate Law
Attorney Lillian LaRosa has over 30 years of experience handling probate/estate cases in Massachusetts. Lillian understands that probate issues can be very sensitive and often divide family members after a loved one’s death. This is why she approaches each case compassionately and with an eye toward understanding all the unique issues involved with the case. Lillian takes the time to listen intently so she can develop a solution that is tailored to meet her client’s needs while making sure every detail is covered and the process is carried out to the letter of the law.
Most people have never been through the probate process. That is where help is needed from an experienced Massachusetts probate attorney. Some of the services Attorney LaRosa can help with include:
- Preparing and filing probate petitions
- Requesting a date in probate court
- Informing all parties with a letter detailing the probate
- Appointment of fiduciaries, personal representatives, conservators, trustees, and guardians of minors
- Helping the Personal Representative make inventory of the decedent’s property
- Filing estate tax returns and payment of administration fees
- Distributing property and assets according to the decedent’s will (or in the absence of a will pursuant to Massachusetts state law)
- Contesting probate petitions, wills and accounts
- Contesting petitions for complete settlement
- Filing petitions for removal of fiduciaries
- Trust reformations
- Equity cases
- Will compromises
- Guardian Ad Litem services
- Probate and estate litigation
Contact Lillian LaRosa For A Free No Obligation Consultation
There have been some changes made to the Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code in recent years, making the process even more confusing for those that are not familiar with it. If you have recently lost a loved one and need help with carrying out their final affairs.
Call our office at 781-933-1726 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with Woburn MA Probate and Estate Litigation Attorney Lillian LaRosa. She will put her 30+ years of experience to work for you and give you the guidance you need to ensure a smooth and seamless probate process.