Family And Divorce Lawyer in Woburn, MA
Divorce can be a very difficult time for families as it means a new and unexpected future. Divorce is also a new and unknown process for most spouses. During this process, it is important to have a qualified Massachusetts divorce attorney by your side helping you secure the best possible future.
Attorney Lillian LaRosa has over three decades of experience helping clients through the unsettling issues involved with a divorce so they can move on with their lives.
Divorce often involves a lot more than just dissolving a marriage; there are a number of other issues that often must be dealt with. These include:
- Child Custody: If both parents battle for physical custody of the children, the decision will be left up to the family court. Although a child’s wishes can be taken into consideration, this will not usually be the determining factor. It is important for parents to have experienced legal counsel in their corner that can help present a strong case for the best interests of the child.
- Child Support: Non-custodial parents are generally required to make payments to the parent who has physical custody. The state of Massachusetts has a system of determining child support payments for non-custodial parents and this is an important part of any divorce that involves children.
- Visitation Rights: Non-custodial parents have the right to see their children. How often is sometimes left up to the family courts to decide. Courts can order supervised or unsupervised visitation and the frequency is dependent on the individual circumstances of the case.
- Division of Assets: Property and debt are divided between spouses using Massachusetts’ equitable distribution system. There are numerous factors used to determine how assets are divided.
- Alimony/Spousal Support: One of the main focal points of any divorce is how spouses will be able to live after the marriage has dissolved. Spouses may be entitled to alimony and it is important to have counsel who know about the current alimony laws.
At LaRosa/Toland, we also handle issues regarding paternity complaints, defense of paternity complaints, contempt and modification petitions, grandparent visitation, and Guardian Ad Litem services.
There are both contested and uncontested divorces; the latter can usually be handled in an amicable manner. However, it is still important to have a Massachusetts family law attorney in your corner to ensure that your rights are protected.
Divorces are seldom simple processes. Each proceeding is different and its unique dynamics as well as the effectiveness of the legal counsel will play a major role in the final outcome. For this reason, it is important to have a strong advocate by your side. Attorney LaRosa has a strong track record of helping clients get through divorces and other difficult family legal proceedings. She is experienced, compassionate and aggressively advocates for her clients’ best interests at every stage of the proceeding.
Contact Lillian LaRosa for a Free No Obligation Consultation
If you are facing a divorce or other difficult family law issue in Massachusetts, call our office today at 781-933-1726 or contact me online for a free consultation with divorce attorney Lillian LaRosa. She will sit down with you to thoroughly examine your case to determine the best way forward through this difficult time.